The Medical Artists’ Association of Great Britain (MAA) is committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information and takes appropriate security measures to safeguard your privacy and operates within the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). We never pass on your details to third parties for marketing/commercial purposes without your express prior consent.
Who we are
The MAA is recognised as one of the leading professional bodies representing primarily British medical artists. Its primary objectives are to maintain and enhance the high professional standards in medical art to which it aspires.
What data do we currently gather?
• A member’s name
• Postal address
• Telephone number(s)
• Email address
• Website details
• Instagram details
• Twitter details
Who uses the data which you provide?
Primarily the Officers (administrators) of the MAA:
• The Honorary Secretary
• The Honorary Treasurer
• The Membership Secretary
For what purposes do we use your information?
• To provide you with necessary communications
• To provide you with information on joining or qualifying
• To administer your membership record
• To enable you to receive the service you have requested
• To provide you with information about services and events offered by the MAA and carefully selected partners, e.g. The Medical Artists’ Education Trust (MAET)
Rights of access and accuracy of information
• The MAA will endeavour to ensure that all personal data held in relation to a member is as up to date and accurate as possible. To achieve this, members must notify the Honorary Secretary of any changes to information held about them.
• A member has the right to request that out-of-date, irrelevant or inaccurate information about them is erased or corrected. All requests need to be made in writing or email to the Honorary Secretary.
• Information will only be held as long as is required for the purpose(s) for which it is used.
• All information will be erased on cessation of membership.
• You should be aware that the right of access is limited to your own personal data only, and certain data is exempt from the right of access and the MAA is not obliged to disclose or share confidential references.
• All requests will be considered on their own merits.
April 2019 © MAA of GB