With a background in nursing and midwifery, qualified as a natural history and scientific illustrator and as a medical artist, Anne Corless works as a medical and scientific illustrator for clients worldwide. Experienced using traditional media such as pencil, charcoal, pen and ink, watercolour and oils, Anne is also an experienced digital artist working with the Adobe Creative Cloud; creating 2D artwork, videos and motion graphics.
Anne enjoys sharing her love and knowledge of art materials and techniques and talking about the business of art. She has worked as Artist in Residence at venues around the UK including BBC local radio; running art workshops, some live on air. She has taught drawing and study skills to medical students and been a guest speaker at conferences and events around the UK, for the Fine Art Trade Guild, and at the Spring Fair International at the NEC, Birmingham. A keen artist with a special interest in portraiture and wildlife art, Anne also enjoys working as a art educator on art holidays and cruises around the world.
- Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife.
- B.A. (Hons) Design; specialising in Scientific and Natural History Illustration
- Post Graduate Diploma Medical Art. MMAA
- Registered Medical Illustration Practitioner. On the Academy for Healthcare Science Register accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
- BTEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- MAA (Medical Artists’ Association)
- AMI (Association of Medical Illustrators)
- AHCS (The Academy for Healthcare Science)
- Association of Illustrators
- Fine Art Trade Guild