Dr Ciléin Kearns
I’m a medical illustrator & doctor passionate about engaging people with medicine through art. I explore health, disease, and care under the moniker 'artibiotics', supporting research, education, and health literacy with my creations.
My training has included Medical Illustration, Medicine & Surgery, Video Games Development, Clinical Research, and Radiology. I have a special interest in Paediatrics and using comics to communicate, and work in this area has included supporting knowledge translation to share research results, developing patient and participant information materials, and helping children and their parents to make informed decisions about care and research.
Visual communication in medicine is a passion subject which I publish and present internationally on. I serve as the Associate Editor of Medical Illustration for Radiographics, and contribute to Radiopaedia, a free online resource that makes current Radiology information globally accessible.
- MBChB Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
- MSc Medical Art (Distinction)
- MA Video Games Development (Distinction)
- MD Medical Doctorate in Clinical Research
- MAA (Medical Artists’ Association of Great Britain)
- FIMI (Fellow of the Institute of Medical Illustrators)