Emily K. Paul
Emily K. Paul is an award-winning artist and founder of Human Touch Illustration. She is based in Hove in the UK. Her work ranges from traditional and digital 2D drawing to digital 3D sculpture and animations. However, the focus of all her work is medicine and science.
She graduated from the University of Brighton with an honours degree in midwifery in 2015 and then practised as a midwife in hospitals, clinics and the community. Her background gives her a unique understanding of patient care and communication and a passionate interest in medicine and science. Some time into her midwifery career, she realised her artistic quality would not be suppressed. Still having an acute scientific curiosity, she discovered and loved the idea of medical illustration. She studied medical art with the Medical Artists’ Education Trust and Graphic Design with the University of the Arts London.
Human Touch Illustration was born of a passion to educate people about the human form from a human perspective. Emily would like her artwork to evoke fascination and curiosity in learners and feels that communicating information visually is key to this goal.
- Midwifery BSc Hons (University of Brighton)
- Art Foundation (Medical Artists’ Education Trust)
- Graphic design short course (University of the Arts London)
- Medical art postgraduate diploma (Medical Artists’ Education Trust)
- MAA (Medical Artists’ Association)
- IMI (The Institute of Medical Illustrators)
- AOI (Association of Illustrators)
- AEIMS (The Association Européenne des Illustrateurs Médicaux et Scientifiques)
- AMI (Association of Medical Illustrators)
- NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council)
- RCM (Royal College of Midwives)